Gabasign is a brand name for the medication Gabapentin. Gabasign is a medication that is primarily used to treat seizures and nerve pain. It is an anticonvulsant drug that works by affecting the chemicals and nerves in the body that are involved in seizures and pain. Gabasign is also sometimes used off-label to treat other conditions, such as anxiety, restless leg syndrome, and hot flashes.
- Epilepsy: Gabasign is approved for use in the treatment of seizures associated with epilepsy.
- Neuropathic pain: Gabapentin is also used to treat nerve pain caused by conditions such as diabetic neuropathy, post-herpetic neuralgia (pain after shingles), and peripheral neuropathy.
- Anxiety: While not FDA-approved for anxiety, Gabasign is sometimes prescribed off-label to treat certain anxiety disorders, such as social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety disorder.
- Restless leg syndrome: Gabasign may be used off-label to treat the uncomfortable sensations in the legs that are associated with restless leg syndrome.
- Hot flashes: Gabasign may be used off-label to reduce the frequency and intensity of hot flashes in women experiencing menopause.
Gabasign is a medication that belongs to the class of anticonvulsant drugs. It is a white or off-white crystalline powder that is soluble in water. Gabasign works by binding to a specific type of calcium channel in the brain and nervous system, which helps to reduce the activity of certain neurons that are involved in seizures and pain.
Gabasign is available in various forms, including capsules, tablets, and oral solution. It is typically taken orally, with or without food, according to the prescribed dosage and instructions. The dosage may vary depending on the condition being treated, the patient’s age and weight, and other factors.
PACKAGE & DOSAGE
For the treatment of seizures, the usual starting dose of Gabasign is 300-900 mg taken three times per day, with a maximum recommended dose of 3600 mg per day.
For the treatment of nerve pain, the usual starting dose of Gabasign is 300 mg taken once per day, with a maximum recommended dose of 3600 mg per day.
Gabasign should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. It should be kept in its original container, with the lid tightly closed. Keep it out of reach of children and pets.