Ivermectin is primarily used to treat parasitic infections, such as head lice, scabies, and river blindness. It works by paralyzing and killing the parasites.
- Treating parasitic infections: Ivermectin is used to treat a variety of parasitic infections, including head lice, scabies, and river blindness. The dosage and duration of treatment will depend on the specific condition being treated.
- Veterinary medicine: Ivermectin is also used to treat parasitic infections in animals, including livestock and pets.
Ivermectin is used to treat parasitic infections caused by certain types of worms and ectoparasites. It works by binding to the nerve and muscle cells of the parasites, causing paralysis and death of the parasites.
Ivermectin is available under two different brands: Covimectin and Iverjohn.
PACKAGE & DOSAGE
The dosage of Ivermectin depends on the specific condition being treated and should only be determined by a healthcare provider.
For the treatment of parasitic infections, the typical adult dose of oral ivermectin is 200 mcg/kg of body weight, taken as a single dose. The dose may be repeated after several weeks if necessary.
Ivermectin should be stored at room temperature in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight and out of the reach of children.